This is Part 2 to Episode 7 - Understanding Stress (Part 1): Stress and Sleep, where we spoke about what stress is and how sleep comes into the picture.
If you have been paying attention, you know that my key messages are
"Sleep is Golden, Movement is Medicine, Meditation is Magic"
So in this episode, we speak about the second part of my mantra to explore more about stress and movements (or exercise).
As our body doesn't really differentiate between good and bad stress, we have to be careful to not overexercise. I was once a victim of that and no good things ever came out of that. Truth though is that most people aren't active enough!
To help spread the message for wellness, here I share my five top tips to get more movement in our lives!
1. I talk about how I pencil it in the diary and commit to this appointment. The easiest way to make it happen.
2. I share my strategies for creating incidental movements throughout the day.
3. We use technology to our advantage by holding ourselves accountable to step counts and be a little competitive about it.
4. We check the ego at the door to take baby steps as every small step forward is progress rather than failing.
5. We take the no excuse approach to simply find something we like and enjoy!
I hope you have found this episode helpful and please let me know your honest thoughts if there are areas you want me to explore further and anything at all, really. DM me on Insta @simonngo.wellness to let me know your thoughts.
Already a podcast pro? The Happy Hour Podcast is also available on most major podcast platforms and apps. Subscribe on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Castbox, and Spotify to listen directly on your mobile device.
Thank you so much for listening to this episode! I am so beyond pleased that you are here! I would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (or on social via Instagram) and please help the podcast grow and reach more people by either sharing it with someone you know or on your social. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, a sure-fire way to get this pod to more peeps :)
The Happy Hour Podcast